*Note: Individual Premium accounts do not have access to adding co-teachers at this time.
You can add one of your team members as a co-teacher to your class on the Classes page:
- Select the bubble to the left of the class name
- Select "co-teach" from the menu at the bottom of the screen
- Type the email address of your co-teacher:
Once they're added, your co-teacher will be able to:
- View, edit, and see all responses to any formative you assign to the class (any formative you create and assign to your shared class will automatically appear on your co-teacher's dashboard and they will have edit and assign access to that formative).
- Assign any formative they create to the class.
Remove a co-teacher
Changed your mind? Simply select the class, choose "co-teach" from the menu, and click the "X" next to the name of the co-teacher you'd like to remove.
FAQ and troubleshooting tips
- "I tried to add a co-teacher to a class, but it says 'User not found.'" / "I received an email saying that my co-teacher needs to have a team license."
Your colleague must have been invited to your team, and accepted that invite, before they can be added as a co-teacher on a class. Please check with your team Admin or Org Manager that this person has been invited, and check with your colleague directly whether they have clicked the link in the invite email they received. You'll also get these messages if you misspelled your colleague's email address.
Once your colleague has been invited and accepted, you can re-add them as a co-teacher!
- My coteacher edited/deleted the formative I had assigned to the class.
Your co-teacher has the ability to delete or modify formatives assigned to the shared class. If you do not want them to be able to do this, then you will need to remove that teacher as a co-teacher from your class.
You can still give your former co-teacher access to the formative. You learn about how to control collaborator access by clicking here.