Students will sometimes submit a formative before they have completed all of the questions. When they do this, we try to warn them by having this message pop up:
However, you can "un-submit" for them if the student submitted even after seeing the warning message. To do this:
- Make sure you are in "Totals" view in View Responses.
- Click on the student's name. This will bring up a side panel.
- Click on the triple dots next to their score, and select the option "Undo Submission"
- How can I undo submission for students if there is a time limit on the formative?
You can still undo submission for students if there is a time limit set. When you undo submission, students will see the timer confirmation screen again, and the timer will restart for them. They will not lose any of their responses.
- Can I allow a student to retake a timed formative?
If you remove a student's responses on a formative with a time limit, students will see the timer confirmation screen again, and the timer will restart for them. Their old responses will be cleared, and they can retake the formative.
Tags: Unsubmit, un submit, un-submit, redo, re-do, resubmit, re-submit, return, undo submission, restart, re-start