Occasionally, when students sign in or try to access a formative assigned by their teacher, they see this on their screen:
Most common reasons students will receive this message:
- The student is not on the roster for the class to which the formative was assigned.
- The student is logged in using an incorrect email address or username.
- The student is attempting to access a formative that is scheduled to open at a later time.
- The teacher has not assigned any formatives to the student.
What to do if your students are receiving this message:
- Make sure that the students' class has been assigned the correct formative.
- Remind students that they must be logged in with the correct email address or username.
- Check that the formative is set as "Open" on your Formatives dashboard. Click here to learn more about the dashboard.
🌟 It also never hurts to try to following:
- Make sure the student is using Google Chrome or Firefox as their browser.
- Have the student refresh and restart their internet browser.
- Ask the student to clear their browser cache: Here's how they can do that for Chrome and Firefox.
Tags: error message, student can't get in, access