One of the most common roadblocks students run into when trying to access a formative assigned by their teacher is this screen:
Most common reasons students will receive this message:
- The student is not on the roster for the class to which the formative was assigned.
- The student is logged in using an incorrect email address.
- The student is logged into their internet browser with the wrong email address. This is most common when students are working on a shared device or at home.
- The teacher mistakenly left one or more characters off of the end of the link when copying and pasting for students to access.
- The teacher mistakenly posted the "Share a Copy" link instead of the assignment link.
Most common reason teachers will receive this message:
- Another teacher sent a link to a formative that you don't have access to as a collaborator, co-teacher, or admin.
What to do if your students are receiving this message:
- Double check that you shared the full and correct link URL with students.
- Make sure that the students' class has been assigned the correct formative.
- Remind students that they must be logged in with the correct email address.
- Students who select "Sign in with Google" MUST make sure that they are choosing the correct email address that is associated with their Google Classroom account.
- Instruct students to click the blue "Switch Accounts" button to choose a different account or enter the correct username/email address.
🌟 It also never hurts to try to following:
- Make sure the student is using Google Chrome or Firefox as their browser.
- Have the student refresh and restart their internet browser.
- Ask the student to clear their browser cache: Here's how they can do that for Chrome and Firefox.
Tags: error message, student can't get in, access, log in, login, sign in