Blackbaud grade passback is a feature for our Partner schools that allows teachers to return scores from Formative assignments back to Blackbaud.
There are a few initial steps to ensure the passback feature is available on a formative:
- You must be a part of your school or district's Partner subscription with Formative
- The formative must have been added as an assignment in Blackbaud
- You must have given the assignment a points value, and checked to add the assignment to the gradebook:
In addition, your students must open the formative in the Blackbaud assignment and answer questions within Blackbaud for grade passback to work. (They cannot log in directly on the Formative website.)
Ready to get started?
After your students have submitted the formative, launch the Formative assignment in Blackbaud.
This will take you to Formative where you will click on the triple dots near the top right, and select "Grade Passback."
Choose the option under "BlackbaudK12 Grade Passback" for "Pass back grades to BlackbaudK12."
You will be presented with an interface where you can choose which students' grades you wish to copy to the Blackbaud gradebook:
Complete/incomplete grades with LTI Grade Passback
Enabling complete/incomplete grading is now an option! When enabled, it gives 100% to students who submitted. Teachers can also manually adjust the complete/ incomplete status prior to passing the grades back.
- You can override the grade on this interface before passing back. This will not affect the grade in Formative, only in Blackbaud (after clicking "Send").
- The score in Formative is used only to calculate a percentage.
- The score in Blackbaud will be the same percentage shown in Formative, but of the points allocated to the assignment within Blackbaud.
- If the assignment has zero points allocated within Blackbaud, all grades will be set to zero, as any percentage of zero will still be zero.