Our first priority at Formative is the safety and privacy of our students and users. Because each teacher account is tied to student data, changing your email address requires more than simply switching out one for the other.
Here are some of your options for changing your email while respecting student privacy:
Option 1: Transfer your formatives to a new account
The easiest way to change your email address is to simply copy the formatives on your existing account to a brand new account. Here's how you can do that:
- Place all formatives you want to transfer into a new folder on your dashboard.
- Select the folder on your dashboard by clicking the bubble to the left of the folder.
- From the menu at the bottom of the screen, select "Share."
- From the pop-up window, go to "Give a Copy" and copy the clone code or the share link.
Once you have the code or link saved in a safe place, you can create a Formative account with your new email address. Follow these steps to access your saved formatives:
- Log into your new account and paste the clone code into the "Enter Quick Code" box located at the top of your dashboard. You can also paste the link into the address bar.
- You will see a popup window asking "Do you wish to add a copy of this folder?"
- Click "Copy"
- You will now have a copy of all of your formatives, free from student data on your new school account!
Option 2: Changing the email address on your existing account
Due to student data privacy, We need written confirmation from one of your former school's administrators (principal, assistant principal) before we are able to change email addresses on teacher accounts.
To do this, they will need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, confirming the existing email address on the account, and the address we should change it to.
Once we have this written permission, we will be able to change your email address.
Note: If you have already created an account under the new email, that account will have to be deleted before any changes can be made.