You have many different options for returning scores to your students. Note that:
- In order to return scores, you must select "Keep visible" or "Allow edits" in the After Submission setting first. If you do not do this, you will not be able to adjust the settings for scores or correct answers.
- If you return scores, and you are at one of our Partner schools, then your students will be able to track their progress against standards in their "Standards" tab.
To return scores:
- Click on "Assign"
- Click on a class to assign to
- Under your class list, click on "Adjust settings (optional)"
- Adjust the "After Submission" setting first (you must select either "Keep visible" or "Allow edits," or you will not be able to return scores)
- Then select one of the following options:
"Instantly" - Students will get their scores back as they respond.
"When closed" - Students will get their scores back when you close a formative. These scores will appear on their dashboard, next to the "Closed" button:
If you re-open the formative, students will be unable to see their scores until you close it again or choose another option.
"After student submits" - Students will get their scores back after they submit. These scores will appear on their dashboard, next to the "Submitted" button. If they've already submitted a formative once, their scores will continue to update.
*Note: You can always decide later and come back at any time to pick an option to return scores!
Premium and Partner users can set a default return scores setting on your Settings page.