To assign a formative:
1. While in the Formative you'd like to assign, click on "Assign" at the top.
2. Select a class(es) or create a new one.
3. Click on "Adjust settings (optional)" to assign to individuals / groups,* schedule open / close times,* edit after submission settings, return scores or correct answers to students, and randomize question order.* (*Premium only.)
4. Click on "Assign."
If you selected a Google Classroom class in step 2, you'll have slightly different options: "Assign & Post to Google" or "Assign Only." If you choose the first option, your assignment will be automatically posted to your Google Classroom stream!
Note: Students in the class you've assigned to will automatically have access to the formative in their account, or you can share the link by clicking "Link" on the Join Instructions window that pops up:
Note: By default, your students will be unable to edit their responses after submitting the formative, will not receive scores and/or correct answers, and will not be able to see the formative anymore after they submit. You can update these settings at any time from the Assign page - even if the formative is already assigned. If you are a Premium user, you can also update your default assign settings on your Settings page.
To assign your formative to guest students:
Students not in your class can access a formative through a temporary guest account.
- From the Assign page, select "Guest Students":
2. Click "Adjust settings (optional)" to adjust optional assign settings.
3. Click "Assign."
Join instructions, along with a code for students to use, will appear.
Please note: Guest accounts are temporary, single-use accounts that students may use to take a formative. Students will be unable to log back into those accounts to see their scores, etc, and their scores will not appear on the Tracker (although they will in View Responses).