If your students don't have Formative accounts just yet, you can create their accounts and add them to your class all from within your own account. If they do have accounts, here's how they can join your class. You can also add students from your other classes!
Here's how to add students to a class:
1. Go to the "Classes" page.
2. Click on the "+" icon next to the number of students (see a lock icon there instead? Click on it to bring up a window where you can unlock the class.)
2. Enter the student's first and last names.
3. Enter a desired username (If the username is already taken, try another).
4. Enter the student's password for the account.
5. Click 'Create Students'
If your students already have accounts, here's how they can join a class!